This hair oil is great for giving your hair a boost and fighting the dandruff!
I play a lot of sport and sweat a lot which tends to dry out my skin and hair (it’s the salt I think) and this hair oil is a great way to combat this!
Bay leaves are an old natural dandruff remedy so this is a natural way to get your hair back to it’s best!
- Chop the fresh bay leaves and bruise with a rolling pin
- Melt the coconut oil to a liquid (if necessary – use a double boiler)
- Stir in the olive oil and the plain yoghurt – sometimes I have to whisk it sometimes stirring does the trick
- Mix in the bay
- Stir in the honey
- Massage the mixture into your scalp and down the lengths of your hair
- Leave in for 20 – 30 mins
- Rinse thoroughly making sure you have washed all of the leaves out of your hair
- Don’t worry if your hair still feels a bit oily (I tend to tie it up and leave it until my next hair wash – the day after or the next day ) Let the oils seep in and they should rinse out thoroughly when you next wash your hair.
If your hair still feels oily protect your pillowcase with a towel or old covering ( we don’t want to ruin a perfectly good pillowcase)
*Note: Only do this around once a month or you will over oil your hair and have the opposite problem of being too greasy (I know, I know we can’t win)*